Monday, December 15, 2008

Rounders


Director: John Dahl
Year: 1998
Cast: Matt Damon, Edward Norton,Gretchen Mol, John Turturro.
Rating: *** (out of ****)

Let me declare, I don't know squat about Poker. Check, fold, blinds, I don't even understand the terminology properly. Still I had fun watching this movie. Like Scorsese's The Color of Money. How a man gets sucked right in the game even if he thinks he's through. Here, Mike (Matt Damon) does it for a friend 'Worm' (Edward Norton). I don't think he did it for Worm, he got into this trouble for himself or for 'the love of the game'. Because by any stretch of imagination, supporting a friend like worm seems unreasonable.

A good film.

2 comments:

Shubhajit said...

This is one of those movies one can't help but like. Stylishly made, I found Rounders one hell of a fun ride.

Sadanand Renapurkar said...

Yes it is, Shubhajit. BTW your collection is quite good. Eclectic.